Friday, September 6, 2013

Movie Friday: Jobs



Genre: Biography, Drama

Rating: PG-13 for drug content and strong language

How many stars?



The tagline of this movie is "Some see what's possible, others change what's possible", which is a fairly inspiring message when you think about it.

In spite of the fact that Jobs seems to have received some pretty rough reviews and a lot of criticism, I actually really enjoyed the movie.

One of my favourite parts of the movie is when Steve (played well by Ashton Kutcher) tells one of his employees to pack up their stuff. The employee asks him "Are you firing me?" and he tells them that he already fired them.


Photo credit: http://wae.blogs.starnewsonline.com

I thought that the actors in the movie did a good job of portraying very dimensional characters. Josh Gad was a great Steve Wozniak, who showed a lot of talent and emotion and really was one of the movies major stars.

My main criticism for the movie is that I found it to be very disjointed. I'm not sure if this is because they were looking to put most of a man's life into a short movie, but I felt like lots of things just got skipped over as assumed. I did not go into the movie having a very big knowledge of Steve Jobs' life, and actually didn't even know that he was another "garage start up". I had heard some about lawsuits, but not a lot.

As a "nerd lover", I would definitely recommend checking out the movie Jobs! It was one of the best movies that I had seen in quite a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment