Monday, September 2, 2013

Taste of Thai - Hertel Avenue - Buffalo, NY

What is it?

Taste of Thai on Hertel Avenue in Buffalo, New York

Who went?

My husband and I

What time of year?

Lunch time in August

How much does it cost?

We were able to both get lunch with a decent tip for only $21.00.

What's the rating?





Last week, my husband and I went to Taste of Thai for lunch. He had been wanting to take me for Thai food for some time, as I had never had it. What can I say? I'm just not very adventurous. The restaurant was dark and cool, which was not a bad thing in the middle of a humid summer day. The music playing in the background was soft, with incredibly long songs.

The service was excellent, and I looked at the menu and was pretty skeptical that there was anything that I would like to eat there, but my husband directed me to what the menu called Pud Thai (Pad Thai, I'm informed). I really wasn't sure it was going to be something I'd enjoy, and I asked for no bean sprouts on top.



We were started off with the most excellent soup I have probably ever had. It seemed to have a chicken broth base and pieces of chicken and tofu in the soup with rice. It also had lots of Thai basil and cilantro. I added some chili oil to mine, in spite of the fact that I'm not usually a fan of spicy foods. It was absolutely DELICIOUS.



Then my entree came and the server forgot to not put bean sprouts on. This was a blessing in disguise. It turns out I love bean sprouts. I had shrimp on my pad Thai and the pieces of shrimp were large and yummy. The Thai noodles were great, and everything seemed to be cooked to perfection. I was incredibly satisfied.

If you haven't tried Thai food, take an adventure and visit Taste of Thai in Buffalo. If you already love Thai food, give them a try, I'm sure you'll enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment